Family left without a home after overnight fire
Jacksonville Fire-Rescue thinks fireworks may have started the fire
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A family was displaced from their home after a fire started in their garage. Officials with Jacksonville Fire Rescue think used fireworks left in a trash can could have started the fire.
Eight people were inside the home on Chapeltown Circle East in Arlington when the flames started just after 4:30 a.m. Sunday.
The four adults and four children managed to get out safely. Firefighters were also able to save their dog.
Workers with the Red Cross are helping the family since they have been displaced from their home.
Copyright 2015 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.