JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Jacksonville Public Library is offering a new Educator Card exclusively for educators in Duval County.
The card is available for teachers in public, charter and private schools.
The card allows teachers to supplement their curriculum with a supply of books on a range of subjects and reading levels.
- Check out up to 100 books (includes print and audio)
- Place holds on up to 50 books (includes print and audio)
- Borrow books for six weeks from any Jacksonville Public Library location
- Renew books up to two times
- Place multiple holds on a single title by contacting any library location
- Visit the library to select materials and/or place holds on materials online for pickup
- No overdue fines are assessed on the Educator Card. Teachers are asked to return books on time to ensure a good inventory for others.
To apply, educators may complete an Educator Card application, available online or at any library, and visit any library location to present proof of home address and employment at a Duval County school. Educators do not have to live in Duval County.