JFRD: Candle believed to cause house fire
No one was injured
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A candle left on a desk is believed to have caused an early fire to a house in the St. Nicholas neighborhood, according to Jacksonville firefighters.
According to Jacksonville Fire Rescue, the call of a fire at a house on Lilly Road East came in about 5:15 a.m.
Smoke from the fire woke them up the two people living in the home. Neighter was injured.
JFRD said damage to the home is mostly contained to one room.
Copyright 2015 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.