Fire burns Northwest Jacksonville home
92-year-old man flown to hospital for smoke inhalation
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department reports a 92-year-old man was flown to UF Health in Gainesville after his house caught on fire, Thursday morning.
Firefighters reported to a house fire at 1330 W. 19th Street early Thursday morning at 3:50 a.m. They found heavy smoke upon arrival. They had to retreat six feet into the house because there was too much stuff inside, according to firefighters.
The 92-year-old man was sitting outside and had some burns to his forehead. He was flown to the hospital for smoke inhalation but is expected to be okay.
Copyright 2016 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.