Child hospitalized after swimming in over-chlorinated pool

Child's condition unknown at this time

ORLANDO – A child in the Orlando area has been hospitalized after swimming in an over-chlorinated pool at an apartment complex.

It happened on Tuesday at the Waterford East Apartments.

A spokesperson for the Orange County Fire-Rescue says five children went swimming in that pool and got sick. The children were between the ages of four and 11 and were reportedly coughing and vomiting.

One child had to be taken to the hospital for treatment. That child's condition is not immediately known.

When emergency crews responded to the scene, they found the pool had too much chlorine in it.