JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – One unit was damaged in a fire at a Westside apartment complex on the city's Westside Wednesday night, Jacksonville Fire Rescue said.
Just before 10 p.m., crews were called to Vintage at Plantation Bay apartments on Plantation Bay Drive near Collins Road.
When firefighters arrived, they found heavy fire and smoke coming from the second floor of the apartment building.
Firefighters said one woman was inside the unit, located on the top level, where the fire started.
She got out and was treated by paramedics at the scene.
Firefighters said a candle may have started the fire.
It took crews about 15 minutes to extinguish the fire.