JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Several auto burglaries were reported early Thursday morning in the Pablo Bay neighborhood, according to the home owners association.
Based on video surveillance provided by the HOA, authorities determined that the burglar or burglars entered the neighborhood in a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was later found and the driver was arrested.
The targeted vehicles appeared to be unlocked, because there were no signs of forced entry, said the HOA.
Police have not identified the burglar or burglars. Detectives said the investigation is continuing.
The Pablo Bay HOA has issued the following tips to homeowners:
- Lock all vehicles when leaving them outside the garage.
- Don't leave objects of value or garage door openers in plain view
- Don't leave garage doors open overnight.
- Outside lighting with motion sensors are effective and inexpensive.
- Pay attention to any noise of car doors and/or dogs barking during unseemly hours of the night.
If you observe any suspicious activity in your neighborhood, call the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office at 904-630-0500.