JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department responded to Ed White High School Monday morning after a small fire and smoke was found in the building.
A spokesperson for Duval County Public Schools says this was an electrical fire that started in the computer room. An extension cord overheated right about time the school bell rang. A teacher was able to put out the small fire. However, the school was evacuated as a precautionary measure.
Students returned to class within 15 minutes.