MIDDLEBURG, Fla. – Expectant mothers will soon have a new option for maternity services when the Family Birth Place at St. Vincent's Clay County opens next week.
News4Jax was able to get a sneak peak Friday inside the hospital's $33.1 million expansion that many have described as a five-star hotel.
"It's just a natural, peaceful setting to provide that tranquil, peaceful setting that you desire in a birthing experience," said Priscilla Lagmay, nurse manager.
The Family Birth Place has 12 new patient rooms, with some of the suites large enough to hold all the equipment that new moms' need until they're discharged. That way, they don't have to move a muscle.
"It supports newborn bonding. It supports skin-to-skin bonding and it supports breast feeding. We want you to be able to know your baby's feeding cues and pick up on the urgencies the baby needs and we'll be right here in the room with you, teaching you what to look for," Lagmay said.
For moms who really want the rockstar treatment, the Family Birth Place even has concierge service with linen upgrades, like a robe and upgraded menu items, including steak, lobster, chicken and premium salads.
"It's just a natural, peaceful setting that you desire in a birthing experience," Lagmay said.
For a more comfortable and memorable experience, the Family Birth Place will also offer:
- Concierge service with optional meal and linen upgrades, along with general concierge service
- State-of-the-art infant security system
- Large labor and delivery suites, with premium features for mom, baby and family
- Secure text messaging service between clinicians to allow for more efficient communication
- Easy parking and shuttle service
- Access and views of the healing gardens
The Family Birth Place will open on Tuesday, Aug. 23.