77ºF

Crews fight house fire in Northwest Jacksonville

JFRD: Fire most likely caused by food left on stove

photo

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Crews were called to battle a house fire in Northwest Jacksonville Monday night, Jacksonville Fire Rescue said.

Firefighters were called about 7:30 p.m. to a home off New Kings Road. 

The fire, which was most likely caused by food left on the stove, damaged the kitchen and caused smoke damage throughout the home, according to JFRD.

No one was home at the time, firefighters said.

JFRD continues to investigate.