ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. – St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners will be waiving vegetative, demolition and construction debris disposal fees for residents affected by Hurricane Matthew from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 5 through Sunday, Nov. 13, the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office announced Friday.
Fees will be waived at the following locations:
- Republic Nine Mile Road Landfill -- 445 International Golf Pkwy. (vegetative debris only)
- St. Johns County Fairgrounds -- 5840 State Road 207, Elkton (vegetative debris only)
- Tillman Ridge -- 3005 Allen Nease Road, Elkton (construction and demolition debris only)
Contractors and commercial businesses, including landscaping companies, are not eligible to participate.
Household hazardous waste materials will not be accepted. St. Johns County residents may dispose of the following storm-related materials:
- Vegetative: Trees, branches, limbs, brush and vegetation
- Demolition and construction: Drywall, flooring, and plywood and flood-damaged household bulky items including furniture
- Flood-damaged white goods: Refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, etc.
For more information on the Free Debris Disposal Week, please call St. Johns County Solid Waste Management at 904-827-6980.