JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department responded to a propane tank fire at an apartment complex near Regency Tuesday night.
Firefighters were called to Oakwood Villa Apartments on Kona Avenue around 7 p.m.
The first engine that arrived on scene found a 300-pound liquid propane tank with a 10-foot flame coming from the top of it, fire officials said.
Firefighters immediately called the hazardous materials team and additional support, according to a JFRD official.
Within 20-30 minutes, firefighters were able to put out the fire and cool off the propane tank.
JFRD said the leak from the liquid propane tank was under control, but they were still working to stop small leaks emitting from the tank.
It is unknown if anyone was injured.