RECIPE: Mother's Day cupcake flower pot
By: Pastry Chef Melissa Baker
- flower pot
- Styrofoam ball (that fits into flower pot)
- Mini cupcakes (24 more or less depending on the size of you Styrofoam ball)
- A star tip- 2D preferably and piping bags (can find at Wal-Mart, Joann’s, Michael’s)
Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- 2 each Large Eggs
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 ½ sticks Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini cupcake liners.
- On a stand mixer with whip attachment or with a hand mixer, beat eggs, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and milk together until smooth.
- Add in flour, salt, and baking powder, mix till combine, but do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into muffin molds about 2/3 of the way up liner.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Take out and place on cooling rack. Cool completely before placing on Styrofoam and icing.
Vanilla Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted butter, softened
- 8 cups Confectionery Sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- As Needed Food coloring (optional)
- Place the butter in stand up mixer with paddle attachment or hand mixer.
- Add 4 cups of the sugar and then the milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the remaining sugar s, 1 cup at a time, until icing is thick enough to pipe.
- Divide icing and color it as you wish.
- Place in piping bag with your tip.
- Ice cupcakes.