Hazmat team responds to propane leak at Popeyes
ORANGE PARK, Fla. – Firefighters and a hazmat team were called Wednesday night to an active propane leak at a Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen in Orange Park, Clay County Emergency Management said.
Clay County fire units and the hazmat team responded about 8:40 p.m. to the fast-food restaurant on Blanding Boulevard.
About 30 minutes later, emergency management officials said, the leak was secured and the scene was turned over to the propane company.
There's no word yet on the cause of the leak or whether any nearby businesses were evacuated.
News4Jax will update this story as more details become available.
Copyright 2017 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.