ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. – To help the community recover from Hurricane Irma, St. Johns County is waiving vegetative, construction and demolition storm debris disposal fees for residents from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the following locations:
- Republic Nine Mile Road Landfill, 445 International Golf Pkwy (vegetative debris only)
- St. Johns County Fairgrounds, 5840 State Road 207 (vegetative debris only)
- Tillman Ridge Transfer Station, 3005 Allen Nease Rd (household items, white goods, and construction/demolition debris only)
Contractors and commercial businesses are not eligible to participate. Household hazardous waste materials will not be accepted
. St. Johns County residents may dispose of the following storm-related materials:
- Vegetative – Trees, branches, limbs, brush, and vegetation.
- Construction/Demolition – Drywall, flooring, plywood, and flood-damaged household items including furniture.
- White Goods – Flood-damaged refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, etc.
For more information, call St. Johns County Solid Waste Management at 904-827-6980 or visit www.recyclestjohns.com.