Precautionary boil water advisory lifted for Nocatee, other surrounding areas
NOCATEE, Fla. – A precautionary advisory was lifted Tuesday evening for the Nocatee community and surrounding areas.
The precautionary advisory was being issued due to a water main break that occurred on Sunday. The advisory prompted certain customers to boil water used for drinking and food preparation or to use bottled water for those purposes, according to JEA.
The following areas were affected by the boil water advisory:
- Nocatee, including residents, businesses and schools.
- Bartram Springs community, south of 14538 Cherry Lake Drive West and 14499 Cherry Lake Drive East.
- Bartram Springs Elementary School.
- The Reserve at Bartram Springs.
- Cypress Trace.
- Community businesses at the Promenade Plaza. Everest Lane.
- Racetrack Road, east of Bartram Park Boulevard to Philips Highway, or U.S. 1.
JEA lifted the advisory shortly after 9 p.m. on Tuesday June 26.
Copyright 2018 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.