JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – A group that tracks hate groups has made a list, pinpointing the locations of them.
The Southern Poverty Law Center released a map in 2017 showing where hate groups operate in America and where each is stationed across the country. There are currently 954 hate groups operating in the U.S.
The groups vary from neo-Nazi, white nationalist, KKK, anti-Muslim and black separatist groups.
This list and corresponding map was compiled using hate group publications and websites, citizen and law enforcement reports, field sources and news reports. Groups that appear in the center of states represent statewide groups.
SPLC found 66 hate groups in Florida, including eight groups in Jacksonville, one in Lake City and two in Gainesville.
- Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
- Ku Klux Klan Southern National Congress
- The League of the South - Neo-Confederate group
- ACT for America - Anti-Muslim
- New Black Panther Party - Black separatists
- Global Crusaders: Order of the Ku Klux Klan
- Stedfast Baptist Church - Anti-LGBT
- Israelite School of Universal Practical Knowledge - Black Nationalist
- League of the South
- Nation of Islam - black separatists
- American College of Pediatricians - anti-LGBT
SPLC has monitored hate groups since the 1980s and began releasing an annual list of groups in 1990.
"Over the years, we’ve crippled or destroyed some of the country’s most notorious hate groups – including the United Klans of America, the Aryan Nations and the White Aryan Resistance – by suing them for murders and other violent acts committed by their members or by exposing their activities," the group wrote on its website.
To see full map, click here.