WASHINGTON – Elvis Presley and Babe Ruth among recipients of Presidential Medal of Freedom being awarded by President Donald Trump.
The nation's highest civilian honor, for 'especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the U.S., to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors' is being given to
- Adelson Medical Research Foundation founder and narcotic addiction specialist Dr Miriam Adelson, whose husband is a major donor to Republican candidates, including Donald Trump.
- Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch, former NFL MVP
- Justice Alan Page
- Singer Elvis Presley (posthumous)
- New York Yankees player George Herman 'Babe' Ruth Jr. (posthumous),
- Former U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
- Hall-of-Fame NFL quarterback Roger Staubach