Jacksonville farm offers 'Goat Yoga' classes
Don't worry, we've goat your back
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – You have goat to be kidding me! Animal lovers in Jacksonville can now workout and pet goats at the same time!
'Little Peeps Farmer for a Day' offers Goat Yoga classes. The little Nigerian Dwarf goats will join you as you have a relaxing yoga workout outside.
"Come to the farm, meet the animals, do some yoga, and enjoy interacting with all the feathered and furry farm friends," the farm said in a Facebook post. "Goats are naturally curious animals, and ours LoVe to be with people. Expect them to come right up to you, rub on you (we call those goat hugs) and even climb right up on you!"
You can also bring snacks for the goats if you'd like to feed them. The farm recommends vegetable scraps from your kitchen (as long as it has not been cooked and is not moldy), onion peels, carrot tops, apple cores, watermelon rinds, citrus peels. (No processed foods)
"All participants need to pre-register and pre-pay. Payment is accepted thru PayPal or Venmo. Spaces are limited (parking), so car-pooling is encouraged and will get you a $10 discount," the post said.
CLASSES FILL UP QUICKLY! MUST RESERVE SPOT
- $20/participant if you carpool
What to bring:
- Beach towel (instead of a yoga mat) or old yoga mat
- Full water bottle
- Sunscreen or hat if desired
- Feb 24, Sunday 3-4:30 pm (FULL - waitlist only)
- Mar 2, Saturday 9-10:30 am
- Mar 3, Sunday 9:30-11am
- Mar 7, Thursday 9:30-11am
- Mar 9, Saturday 9-10:30 am (FULL - waitlist only)
- Mar 10, Sunday 2-3:30 (FULL - waitlist only)
- Mar 16, Saturday 9-10:30 am (FULL - waitlist only)
- Mar 16, Saturday 11:30-1pm
- Mar 30, Saturday 9-10:30am
- Apr 6, 9-10:30am
- Apr 20, 9-10:30am
- Apr 27, 9-10:30am
Location: Beach Blvd & St John's Bluff area, Jacksonville, Florida 32246
More dates to be scheduled.
Copyright 2019 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.