Residents no longer need to 'shelter in place' after SR 200 gas leak
NASSAU COUNTY, Fla. – Residents near State Road 200 and Chester Road in Nassau County who were advised to "shelter in place until further notice" because of a gas leak in the area can now move about freely, county officials said.
Nassau Emergency Management posted a Tweet just after 9 a.m. Thursday, saying first responders were at the scene of an active gas leak at the intersection.
All lanes of SR 200 at Chester Road were blocked in both directions, but one lane eastbound on SR 200 reopened about 9:30 a.m. The Florida Highway Patrol said all lanes were reopened just before noon.
Emergency management said a gas line was hit during construction in the area.
A request for nearby residents to "shelter and place" and "avoid the area" was lifted Thursday afternoon.
Copyright 2019 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.