JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida Missing Child Alert issued for a Marion County teen was canceled Monday night, state investigators said.
The alert was issued Monday afternoon after Michael Sparks, 16, was last seen in the area of Southeast 156th Place Road and Southeast 170th Avenue, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Deputies: Homeless man kidnapped woman day he was released from jail
- Powerball, Mega Millions total jackpots top $730 million
- Motorcyclist killed in crash with school bus, police say
- Clay County deputies looking for man with gun in Oakleaf area
- 'Suspicious item' was personal belonging; police reopen downtown streets
- Father of 14's family angry after drunk driver sentenced to 13 years
Sparks was wearing a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and black pants. He's described as being 6 feet tall and 200 pounds with light brown hair, hazel eyes and a deep dimple and scar on his chin.
The FDLE canceled the alert about 9:30 p.m. Monday. There's no word on whether Sparks was found.
Copyright 2018 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.