Florida teen installs cameras in home to prove parental abuse
Warning some viewers may find the following video disturbing
OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WEAR/CNN) – A Florida mother says her daughter tried to report alleged abuse by her father for years, but no one believed her.
So, the 14-year-old installed security cameras in her home to prove it.
According to an arrest report, the teen turned over two videos to authorities.
Warning, the video above may be too disturbing for some viewers.
In one video given to the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office, a man identified as Damon Becnel is seen screaming, pointing and even headbutting the teen.
Becnel is also seen yelling at dogs inside the home. At one point, he can be seen hitting the dog and holding an object, which was later identified as a knife, to its neck.
Later in the video, you can see the man’s daughter jumping on him, yelling at him to stop.
Becnel then shoves the girl against the wall and headbutts her.
According to the arrest report, Becnol was a prominent business owner. His last known business was ABC Resorts in Destin.
After deputies watched the videos, Becnel was arrested on Jan. 2.
He’s now out on bond but will go before a judge on Feb. 4.
- 4-year-old goes blind after getting the flu
- Looking to try some great local coffee and pastries? Check out ‘Raleigh Roasts’ this weekend
- Netflix’s ‘You’ coming back for a third season
- Fayetteville police arrest man wanted for stabbing woman multiple times during robbery
- With funding approved, Durham mayor says officials are working to get McDougald Terrace residents what they need
The-CNN-Wire ™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.