KEYSTONE HEIGHTS, Fla. - A 15-year-old student was arrested after deputies said he was seen on surveillance video writing a threat on the ceiling of a restroom at Keystone Heights Junior/Senior High School.
The Clay County Sheriff's Office said Trenton Edsall is charged with multiple felonies and a misdemeanor.
- Florida House approves school safety legislation
- Student's 'shoot up the school' joke gets him arrested
- Tip of school threat pays off big
- 2nd Clay County student arrested in separate school threat
- Clay County sheriff: 11 school threats since Parkland shootings
- What should you do if you see a threat on social media?
According to deputies, Keystone Heights Junior/Senior High School administrators discovered that someone had written on the ceiling in the boys' restroom, "I'm going to shoot up the school."
After looking at surveillance video, deputies said, Edsall was identified as the suspect.
Deputies said he later confessed and was arrested.
"Sheriff (Darryl) Daniels is done playing around with these kids who think this a joke or funny," Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Keith Smith told News4Jax.
Copyright 2018 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.