FAMILY: Married with three children and three grandchildren
OCCUPATION: Sales associate - Belk, Inc.
EDUCATION: Associates in Applied Science - Medical Lab Technology
POLITICAL EXPERIENCE: None until now
WHAT DO YOU SEE AS THE TOP THREE ISSUES IN THIS RACE?
- Unbalance in the current board membership. Most are retired educators and that doesn't represent the community as I think it should.
- A break from traditional learning techniques and in the general knowledge that students should know in their respective grade level.
- School taxes and education funding. I would like to see a cross section of community business leaders and philanthropist get together and brainstorm new ways to fund our most precious resource; the education of the next generation of leaders and tax payers.
HOW DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP VOTERS IN A WAY OTHERS IN THIS RACE CAN'T?
- "I will represent the district with fairness, integrity and from the perspective of a business owner. I operated my own business, Mannco Trophies, for 13 years. I know how to work a budget and stretch funds to get the most for your dollar. That is extremely important in the current economic environment."
WHAT WOULD YOU HOPE TO BE REMEMBERED FOR ACCOMPLISHING AFTER SERVING IN THIS OFFICE?
- "Hearing all sides of the issues with an open mind and basing my decisions on the betterment of the children and our community."