Florida paramedics revive infant who overdosed while left unattended
GREENACRES, Fla. – A 10-month-old girl had to be revived by South Florida paramedics after she overdosed on a drug she found on a bed, authorities said.
The infant girl found the drug Friday among medications while she was left unattended in a bedroom in a home where her mother and the mother’s boyfriend were also present, according to an arrest affidavit from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Paramedics revived the girl with a dose of Narcan, which is used for reversing opioid overdoses.
The mother, Melissa Katz, and her boyfriend, Kaeden Walton were arrested. Each faces a charge of child abuse.
Ingrid Abello, a lawyer from public defender’s office representing Walton, didn’t respond to an email inquiry Monday night. Online court records showed no attorney listed for Katz.
Copyright 2019 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.