Crash brings back mother's loss

House hit by car twice; First crash killed woman's daughter

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A woman has been forced to relive her daughter's death after a car crashed at her Southside home for the second time.

Felicia Jackson's daughter, JaNay, was sleeping before a crash in August killed her. She was 17 years old.

Police said 51-year-old Ismet Sijamhodzic ran through a stop sign and into JaNay's bedroom.

Jackson and her husband moved back into their home less than three weeks ago. The unthinkable happened on Saturday: a speeding car on Kennerly Road smashed through the Jacksons' fence and into their yard, investigators said.

"I was in the house, in the restroom, and just heard a boom. And so it brought it all back," said Jackson. "It hasn't even been a year and now this all over again. It's just like it won't end for us."

Jacorie Pollock (pictured at bottom of story on left), 32, was arrested in the crash and charged with DUI causing damage to a person or property, leaving the scene without giving information, and careless driving, among other charges.

Police said he was involved in a hit-and-run crash in the 4000 block of Barnes Road when he fled the scene and crashed through the privacy fence of the home on Kennerly Road.

Jackson said she reacted to the second crash the same way she reacted to the first one.

"...I immediately looked at her bedroom and it was like déjà vu all over again," she said. "I immediately started asking people, ‘What happened? What happened?' and he was like, ‘Well ma'am, I'm sorry I ran the stop sign. I was like, ‘I don't need this, I don't need this.'"

The second accident makes them question whether they should be in the home.

"Maybe it's just time that we leave. I mean, we've been here so long and you know when my husband first asked about leaving, I was like, ‘No, I feel like I'll be leaving JaNay behind, but now it's just like this is so crazy," she said.

Jackson said she's afraid and doesn't feel like anything will be done to protect her family and home.

Jackson told Channel 4 she thinks about how much worse the second accident could have ended.

"I had thought about going to Publix and I was going to get dressed and I said, ‘I could have been out here," said Jackson. "So it's just really unnerving. That's the best way to describe it -- it was unnerving."

The woman and her family say they're doing their best to move forward.

"I just want it to be over. I just want to get my life back going and I just want it to be over," said Jackson.

Copyright 2013 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.