JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A 20-year-old man was bitten by a K-9 and arrested Tuesday night after a shotgun blast hit a car containing another man and a child, according to a Jacksonville Sheriff's Office report.
The incident was first reported as a shooting on Aldington Drive on the city's Westside. According to the police report obtained by News4Jax, a car driven by a 25-year-old man was hit by a shotgun blast.
More Jacksonville Headlines
- Jacksonville police release surveillance images in Westside armed robbery
- Teen charged with killing grandmother being held in isolation cell
- Days numbered for Jacksonville's red-light cameras
- Feds: Man planning mosque shooting had 12 guns, 2,000 rounds of ammo
- Detective's courtroom taunt of gunman prompts backlash
Police said the man and his 3-year-old son, who was also in the car, were either hit by pellets or broken glass. Their injuries were not serious.
After a short pursuit, which ended about 9 p.m. at Blanding and Wesconnett boulevards, 20-year-old Dalton Carver was subdued by a K-9 and arrested, police said.
Carver is charged with leaving the scene of a crash, eluding police, resisting police and drug possession.
It’s not clear what led to the shot being fired.
Copyright 2017 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.