Mattress fire closes Northside roads

No one injured at home on Davis Street

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A mattress caught fire in a Northside home Friday morning, closing some roads in the area.

West 11th Street and West 13th Street were closed while Jacksonville Fire-Rescue extinguished the fire.

The fire started at a vacant home on Davis Street around 7:15 a.m.  Homeless people were known to crawl through a hole at the bottom of that home and seek shelter inside, according to JFRD.

A mattress caught fire inside the home.  No one was injured.

Copyright 2013 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.