JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The winning creators of One Spark 2015 were announced Sunday afternoon at a closing ceremony shifted inside to avoid rain showers.
One Spark handed out six juried awards, one in each category - art, education, health & science, music, social good and technology. Each winning project received a $15,000 check. The juried awards winners are:
? Art Juried Award presented by J. Johnson Gallery – The Grey Area
? Education Juried Award presented by The Schultz Center for Teaching & Leadership - Getting Early Engineers Ready for Success
? Health & Science Juried Award presented by GuideWell – Momentum – Obesity Treatment and Prevention for Tweens
? Music – Future Music Makers Youth Enrichment Program
? Social Good – Yoga 4 Change
? Technology Juried Award presented by Deutsche Bank - The Fastest Way to Change the Trash Guaranteed
The Jax Award presented by Wells Fargo was a new award for One Spark 2015 worth $5,000. B.O.L.D. City Summit Leadership Academy was judged to have the biggest potential impact on Jacksonville and took home that award.
There were 117,169 votes cast by attendees at One Spark 2015, and the top-voted winners also received additional awards of $15,000 in each category. The three top-voted creator projects in each category with crowdfunding and award totals are:
1. Airing Grandma's Laundry and Other Hush Hush Family Secrets: The Movie - $16,026.80 - 802 votes
2. The Yarn Bomb - $909.01 - 710 Votes
3. Let's Tile Hemming Park - $907.73 - 709 Votes
1. Adventures of Moxie Girl - $16,423.69 - 1,112 votes
2. Textbook Boomerang - 1,419.85 - 1,109 votes
3. Pik My Kid - $1,058.81 - 827 votes
? Health & Science:
1. The Polar Pod - $16,111.30 - 868 votes
2. Olive My Pickle - $891.09 - 696 votes
3. Apple Project - $837.32 - 654 votes
1. The Band Be Easy - $15,998.67 - 773 votes
2. 21781 - Brittney Lawrence - $652.95 - 510 votes
3. 21866 - Firewater Tent Revival - $588.94 - 460 votes
• Social Good:
1. Yoga 4 Change - $17,001.11 - 1563 votes
2. P226 - $1,349.44 - 1054 votes
3. Pass That HRO! - $1,249.57 - 976 votes
1. The City.Guide - $16,634.94 - 1,277 votes
2. AA Leather Bible Bindery & Custom Leather Shoppe - $825.79 - 645 votes
3. Snap Decision App - $620.95 - 485 votes
For the first time, a creator project took home two awards, both the Juried Award and the Top-Voted Award in a category. Yoga 4 Change brought home $32,001.11, the largest amount a single creator project at One Spark has ever received in awards and prize money.
The creator project that received the most individual contributions through the One Spark platform also received a $15,000 award. Project STUFFEE received that award for a total of $22,500.
In addition to the $350,000 in crowdfunds and cash awards, there was $93,324.45 contributed to creator projects, representing a greater than 75% increase in contribution to creator projects from attendees compared to 2014's festival. This year, 229 projects chose to continue their crowdfunding campaigns for up to 30 days after the start of the festival, and contributions continue to be accepted for those projects on onespark.com.
All of the results are preliminary and subject to a full audit. The audit will take approximately two to four weeks. Preliminary crowdfunding and voting totals will be posted to onespark.com by 8 a.m. Tuesday, April 13, 2015.
Copyright 2015 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.