St. Johns County home total loss after fire

2 adults, 4 children unharmed

Headline Goes Here

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. - A St. Johns home has been listed as a total loss after a fire Tuesday afternoon.

St. Johns County Fire and Rescue responded about 4:45 p.m. to a reported residential fire in the 1200 block of Prince Road, and when firefighters arrived they found the home with visible smoke and flames coming from the roof and windows.

After making it inside, crews confirmed the home was unoccupied and located the fire in the rear of the home. They began extinguishing the fire, but were forced outside due to electrical hazards and a significant collapse potential.

The fire was brought under control after about 45 minutes and crews remained on the scene until completing an overhaul operation of the home at 9 p.m.

SJC Fire marshals Office and State Fire Marshal determined the fire to be "accidental in nature" after investigations.

There were no injuries and the occupants of the home have been placed with the American Red Cross, from which they will receive assistance.

Copyright 2013 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.