JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - After JEA worked to repair a broken water main in the area Monday morning, the utility issued a precautionary boil water advisory.
The entire intersection of Ortega Farms Boulevard and North Broken Arrow Drive was closed before dawn Monday after a 12-inch cast-iron water main ruptured.
Residents were warned that water outages and low pressure were expected for several hours.
Later Monday, the JEA issued the advisor urging people in the area to boil water before drinking or using for food preparation, or to use bottle water.
The boil water advisory affects the following customers:
- From 5508 Ortega Farms Boulevard to 118th Street & Ortega Farms
- Havenwood Oaks - Eagle Nature - Carmel Drive - Ortega River Drive
- Eagle Point Drive - Alfredo Drive- Alfredo Court - Artudo Lane - Commodore Drive
- Seaspray Avenue - Helm Ave - Anchor Avenue - Pennant Drive - Pennant Court
- Ensign Avenue - Corsair Avenue - Sabre Drive - Banshee Avenue - Admiral Drive
- 110th Street - Davon Street - Broken Arrow Drive W - Broken Arrow Drive N
- Creed Court - Pueblo Court - Painted Pony Drive
The advisory includes the following businesses:
- TJ's Catering
- Davis Day Care
Customers should bring water to a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to using for drinking, food preparation, or cooking. It is recommended that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and possible sediments from the lines.
Copyright 2014 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.