SOUTH LYON, Mich. - A worker at a pipe supply company died after falling into a vat of sulfuric acid, police say.
The unidentified man was rushed to the hospital after falling into the acid on Saturday afternoon in South Lyon, Michigan, WDIV reports.
According to law enforcement officials, the acid was at least 160 degrees when the man fell into the tank.
There is no word on how long the man had been in the acid before he was pulled out or how he fell.
Here is a statement from Michigan Seamless Tube:
"A valued Michigan Seamless Tube employee was involved in a serious industrial accident on Saturday afternoon. The employee was taken to the University of Michigan Hospital at Ann Arbor. He did not survive his injuries and passed way at the hospital. The employee was 54 years of age. The company is conducting a comprehensive investigation of the accident and is cooperating with the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration."
Copyright 2019 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.