Report Details Woman's Violent Death

20-Year-Old Abducted, Killed Early This Year

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - An autopsy report obtained Tuesday by Channel 4 on the death of a 20-year-old woman who was abducted and killed early this year is graphic in detailing how Michelle McCoy died slowly and violently.

All of McCoy's fingers and thumbs were cut off, her left leg was nearly amputated at the hip and her vertebrate was fractured, according to the report, which suggests torture or an attempt to keep her body from being identified. McCoy also suffered blunt force injuries to the face, neck and head, according to the report.

The cause of death was listed as crushing blunt trauma.

The injuries appear to have been the result of McCoy being run over with a vehicle. There were burn marks all over her body that were post-mortem, according to the report.

Document:Michelle McCoy Autopsy Report(Warning: Report Contains Graphic Information)

"With the number of broken bones she had and with the neck being broken, as well as head injuries, that's kind of consistent with being run over by something very heavy or being beaten with a large object continuously," Channel 4 crime analyst Ken Jefferson said.

After reading the autopsy report, McCoy's cousin, India, said that whoever killed McCoy that way was filled with hate.

"I could never imagine anyone dying like that, the way that she did," India said. "Words can't even explain how I feel to know the things that was done to her, as small as she was."

The family hopes other suspects involved in the killing will eventually be arrested.

McCoy was seen being dragged into a minivan by a group of people in Northwest Jacksonville on Jan. 10. McCoy was reported missing Jan. 13, and police did not go public with her kidnapping for nearly three weeks. Her remains were found days later in a Northside lot.

Tips also led police to their prime suspect in the abduction. Larry Thompson, a convicted rapist who pledged not to go back to jail, committed suicide during a SWAT standoff about a week after McCoy's remains were found.

Since then, no one has been charged with murder in McCoy's death.

On Tuesday, Channel 4 obtained an arrest and booking report involving Thompson's nephew, Kenneth Thompson. He's charged with robbing a Metro PCS just a couple weeks after McCoy's disappearance.

The report says Kenneth Thompson was "the last person to speak with the victim of a missing persons case with foul play involved."

That missing person refers to McCoy.

Meanwhile, Thompson was in court Tuesday for a pretrial hearing in the Metro PCS robbery. His trial is set for November.

India said she's confident multiple people were involved in her cousin's disappearance and she's ready for them to get the punishment they deserve.

"There's not a day that goes by that we don't think about Michelle," she said.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said Tuesday that its investigation into McCoy's killing is active and ongoing.

Copyright 2011 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.