Kicks for the Kids campaign collects new shoes
Donate a new pair of shoes for a child in need
We take a lot of things for granted, but there are children in our community who are embarrassed to go to school because their shoes are falling apart or their shoes are too small. You can help a needy child feel confident as they start the school year by donating a new pair of shoes to Kicks for the Kids.
Donate shoes that can be worn by children in kindergarten through high school. You can drop off new shoes at Channel 4, or any of these drop off locations through Aug. 14:
- WJXT Channel 4: 4 Broadcast Pl., Jacksonville, 32207
- Meow & Barks Boutique: 1537 San Marco Blvd., 32207
- 904 Fashions: 9268 Lem Turner Rd., Jacksonville, 32208
- Nail Boutique: 877 Stockton St., Jacksonville, 32204
- 1st Place Sports Baymeadows: 3931 Baymeadows Rd., Jacksonville, 32217
- Jones and Rose: 2955 Christopher Rd., Jacksonville, 32217
New shoes will be given away first come, first served on Sunday, Aug. 16 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., (or earlier if all shoes have been given out). The Kicks for the Kids giveaway will be held at Charles Boobie Clark Park, 8793 Sibbald Rd., Jacksonville, 32208.
Children must be accompanied by an adult and one pair of new shoes per child will be given away.