JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Who can say no to a delicious sub, especially when it's for a good cause?
During Jersey Mike's "Day of Giving" on Wednesday, 100 percent of sales in Jacksonville will be donated to Wolfson Children's Hospital.
The staff at Wolfson couldn't resist and placed a giant order for lunch: 400 subs.
“This is really exciting for us, and our team members are totally engaged in this,” said Michael Aubin, president of Wolfson Children's Hospital. “I mean, they've ordered 400 subs today, and this is not something the hospital provides. They actually paid for it themselves.”
Last year's effort raised more than $33,000 for the hospital. This year, they're hoping to exceed that number.
There are nearly a dozen Jersey Mike's locations throughout the Jacksonville area:
- 4261-5 Roosevelt Blvd.
- 3541-1 University Blvd. W.
- 9700 Deer Lake Court
- 8050 Philips Highway, Unit 4
- 10915 Baymeadows Road (Winn-Dixie Center)
- 410 Blanding Blvd. (Orange Park)
- 12795 San Jose Blvd., Suite 15
- 13820 Old St. Augustine Road, Suite 137
- 1647 County Road 220, Suite 102 (Fleming Island)
- 1464 Sadler Road (Sadler Crossing, Fernandina Beach)
- 2888 US Highway 90 West, Suite 105 (Lake City)
For more information on the "Day of Giving," go to https://www.jerseymikes.com/mog.