JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Children's swimming lessons are being offered in Jacksonville.
Safe Kids Northeast Florida, Wolfson Children's Hospital and the Florida Swimming Pool Association are teaming up with JaxParks Aquatics to provide free swimming lessons for children who qualify.
Children of active and retired military members are eligible, along with children ages 2 to 17 who are McKay Scholarship recipients or who have families with an income at or below 185 percent of the federal poverty level.
Proof of eligibility must be shown in one of the following forms:
- Free and reduced lunch formal letter or form from school
- McKay Scholarship form with child’s name and current date
- A copy of a Children First Scholarship letter
- Verification that household family income does not exceed 185 percent of the federal poverty level via W-2s or other tax forms
- Military dependent identification card
Lessons are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and all participants must show proof of eligibility to register.
Anyone with questions about signing up can call the JaxParks Aquatics Office at 904-744-5557.