JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Five awards were presented Thursday afternoon to seven Northeast Florida law enforcement officers.
The Fourth Judicial Circuit State Attorney's Office recognized the winners at its inaugural Outstanding Law Enforcement Awards ceremony.
Lifesaving Awards were given to:
- Officers Gary Stucki and Rick Wood with the Neptune Beach Police Department
- Officer David Alexander with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Jacob Hawkins with the Clay County Sheriff’s Office
Hawkins helped save the life of a U.S. Customs agent who was shot in ambush attack outside an Oakleaf Publix in late September.
Investigative Excellence Awards were presented to:
- Detective Dustin Kling with the Jacksonville Beach Police Department
- Detectives Glen Warkentien and Margaret Rhatigan with the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office
Copyright 2018 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.