Time To Dish: Crispy Craveable Chickpeas
Crispy Craveable Chickpeas
2 – 15oz cans Chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 – 2 t Kosher Salt
*Optional Flavors –
· Cracked Black Pepper – 1 t
· Ranch – 2 t Ranch Dressing Mix
· BBQ – 2 t Favorite Pork Rub
· Cajun – 2 t Blackening Spice
· Greek – 2 t Cavendar’s Greek Spice
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place chickpeas between two paper towels and dry thoroughly. In a medium bowl, toss the chickpeas and coat with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with desired topping and toss again. Transfer in an even layer to a non-stick sheet pan.
4. Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until chickpeas are crunchy. Make sure you shake the baking pan around at about 30 minutes into the baking process to keep them from burning.
5. Let chickpeas cool for at least 1 hour. The chickpeas will get crunchier the longer they cool. Keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Copyright 2016 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.