Chicken and Pesto | Publix Kitchen | River City Live
Recipe: Chicken with Zhoug-Style Sauce
Total Time - 35 minutes (Makes 4 servings)
- 1 lemon, for zest/juice
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 bunch fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8.8-oz) package Naan bread (optional)
- Zest lemon (1 teaspoon); squeeze for juice (2 tablespoons). Remove seeds and membrane from jalapeños, if desired. Place in blender (or food processor bowl): parsley (leaves only), cilantro (leaves only), jalapeños, garlic, oil, lemon zest, juice, water, and 1 teaspoon each cumin and coriander; blend until smooth.
- Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season chicken with salt and remaining 1 teaspoon each coriander and cumin (wash hands); coat with spray. Place chicken in pan; cook 8–10 minutes on each side, turning occasionally, or until browned and 165°F. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Prepare naan bread following package instructions (if using). Serve chicken with sauce and naan on the side for dipping.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 280kcal; FAT 11g; SAT FAT 2g; TRANS FAT 0g; CHOL 125mg; SODIUM 440mg; CARB 4g; FIBER 1g; SUGARS 1g; PROTEIN 39g; CALC 4%; IRON 10%
Copyright 2020 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.