Packing a healthy back-to-school lunchbox is a great way to ensure your child gets the nutrition they need to stay focused and energized throughout the school day. Registered Dietitian has tips on how to pack a healthy lunchbox plus some tasty combinations.
1. Healthy lunchbox formula: Aim to include a mix of food groups to create balanced meals including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein and good fats.
2. Parfait Party Pack: This box is made with yogurt, berries and whole grain granola, with sliced carrots and peanut butter for dipping.
3. Munchin’ Muffin Box: This box is made with no added sugar carrot date muffins, drinkable yogurt and cucumber coins with hummus for dipping.
4. Buffalo Blast Box: This box is made with buffalo chicken and mozzarella bites for protein and dairy, along with sliced celery stick and healthy snickers dates.
5. Twirls and Tang Box: This box is made with turkey, cheese, hummus and spinach pinwheel sandwiches with no added sugar lemonade on the side.