Flagler Palm Coast and Suwannee had lifters finish state runners-up in the Class 2A girls state weightlifting championship on Saturday.
FPC’s Lexi Buchanan was second in the unlimited class, going 285 pounds in the bench press and 240 pounds in the clean and jerk for a 525-pound total. Suwannee’s Tyra Kalandyk was runner-up in the 139-pound class, going 170-165 for a 335-pound total.
Class 2A girls state weightlifting
Top 5 area finishers (bench press/clean and jerk/total weight)
2. Lexi Buchanan, Flagler Palm Coast, 285/240/525
3. Anniel Buchanan, Flagler Palm Coast, 225/175/400
4. Brianna Roth, Flagler Palm Coast, 160/190/350
2. Tyra Kalandyk, Suwannee, 170/165/335
5. Grace Wiegel, Creekside, 160/170/330
3. Tyler Bauer, Bartram Trail, 145/175/320
5. Kaylee Coughlin, Bartram Trail, 130/180/310