JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Eight girls soccer teams started the night in the state playoffs and six moved on, including three from St. Johns County.
Bartram Trail, Creekside and Ponte Vedra all won matches by a goal and advanced to the state semifinals on Friday.
The Bears edged Oviedo in Region 1-7A, 2-1. Creekside knocked off Tallahassee Chiles 2-1 in overtime in Region 1-6A and Ponte Vedra topped Stanton 1-0 in Region 1-5A.
Bishop Kenny thumped Pensacola in Region 1-4A, while Bolles kept its quest for a threepeat alive in Region 1-3A with a 4-0 win over Episcopal. Dynasty St. Johns Country Day thundered on in Region 1-2A, blanking Maclay 4-0.
Bartram, Ponte Vedra, Bishop Kenny and St. Johns will all host state semifinal games on Friday. Bolles and Creekside will travel.
(1) Bartram Trail 2, (3) Oviedo 1
(1) Creekside 2, (2) Chiles 1 (OT)
(1) Ponte Vedra 1, (2) Stanton 0
(1) Bishop Kenny 10, (2) Pensacola 2
(1) Bolles 4, (7) Episcopal 0
(1) St. Johns Country Day 4, (2) Maclay 0
(1) Tampa Plant at (1) Bartram Trail
(1) Creekside at (1) Venice
(1) Land O’Lakes at (1) Ponte Vedra
(1) Lemon Bay at (1) Bishop Kenny
(1) Bolles at (2) Lakeland Christian
(2) International Community School at (1) St. Johns Country Day