JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Festivities wrapped up Friday night at the Jacksonville Landing as Georgia Tech and Kentucky fans prepared for their teams to hit the gridiron Saturday for the annual TaxSlayer Bowl.
Thousands of fans gathered for the team pep rallies and many said that was just the beginning of a fun-filled weekend.
- TaxSlayer Bowl homecoming for players from North Florida
- TaxSlayer Bowl, city discuss game day, weekend events
- Fans of TaxSlayer teams bring city financial boost, officials say
- TaxSlayer Bowl players visit kids at Wolfson Children's Hospital
- UK Wildcats in town to prep for TaxSlayer Bowl
- Georgia Tech practice at Fernandina Beach High School
Bobby Denio, a Georgia Tech supporter, is one of many fans in Jacksonville this weekend for the bowl game.
“Two fine institutions and should be a great game,” he said Friday as he joined other fans at the pre-game Landing celebration, which featured performances from various high school bands.
“We go to all the home games,” fellow Yellow Jackets fan Dolly Evans said. “We go to at least one away game, but we try to go to the bowl game, depending on where it is every year.”
Kentucky held its pep rally a few hours later to gear up for Saturday's big game.
Wildcats fan Sammy Reider said he's looking forward to “a 'Cats 'W'” this weekend.
Fans can keep up with the game, get information about parking and security, and more by downloading the TaxSlayer Bowl app.
Copyright 2016 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.