About This Job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: Full Stack Developer
Industry: Broadcast, Social Media
Company size: 11-50 people
Company type: Private
No office location
Preferred Timezone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time +/- 2 hours
We're looking for a well-rounded and experienced full stack developer strong in both front-end (CSS, HTML, React, etc) and backend (NodeJs, Redis, Mongo, Serverless). The perfect candidate can take a mock-up, have a conversation about the feature/interaction, and can build that interaction as a working application (CSS, HTML, React, Node-based API, etc).
The right fit for our team has a love for coding and learning, works well in a fully-remote environment and is a high-energy strong communicator who can join an expert team and work with limited direction. This person would have at least 3 years of professional experience and preferably experience working remotely.
- Expand and evolve our social media dashboard and analytics platform used by thousands of journalists and broadcasters worldwide
- Build new features (screens, interactions, workflows) based on mockups and wireframes
- Build APIs and services that integrate with social media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Help upgrade our systems from SOA to true microservices on AWS Lambda (Serverless)
- 100% remote team
- Platform based on React + Serverless + Mongo, etc.
- Mobile apps built w/ React Native
- AWS Cloud-based hosted infrastructure
- Slack, Hangouts and other online collaboration tools
- 100% remote work
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health, wellness and career benefits package
- Trust, autonomy, empowerment
This is just scratching the surface -- we're a fun team of people who love what we do! If this sounds good so far then reach out and we'll share the details.
Skills & Requirements: We're looking for someone who can comfortably work on whole features/stories independently. You should be strong on the front-end development (CSS, HTML, React, Angular) and equally strong on the backend doing API design, building NodeJs services in a serverless/cloud environment.
Bonus Skills/Experience: Social Media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc) Serverless framework (AWS Lambda) experience Microservices and/or SOA Previous remote work experience
Working Remote: This is a 100% remote position. Communication and self-direction are incredibly important You'll need a dedicated workspace (with a door) You must have a reliable high-speed internet connection (collaboration requires bandwidth)
Social News Desk provides a suite of industry-tailored software solutions to simplify social media management for our customers. We started with TV newsrooms and we're expanding globally into new markets. We're also adding new products to take advantage of continued social media expansion. In 2014 we were acquired by Graham Holdings, a Fortune 1000 company. Following acquisition we've invested significantly in building the next generation of our product line and growing our internal development team. We're a small start-up backed by a multi-billion dollar company. We have the autonomy to create the right products and the financial support to make them great.
- 100% Remote Team (no commute, no pants -- well, pants)
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits (company subsidized)
- Company-matched 401k
- Paid vacation
- Paid Online Training/Courses
- Latest tools & equipment
- Empowerment + Responsibility
- Microservices (not micromanagement) = #joy
- Annual company paid retreat!
Graham Media Group 2019