Once-abandoned 'Wizard of Oz' Theme Park to reopen this summer
BEECH MOUNTAIN, N.C. – The famous "Wizard of Oz" theme park in North Carolina is opening its gates!
The "Land of Oz" on Beech Mountain was originally built in 1970, according to Travel and Leisure.
"With Dorothy as your guide, you will find yourself skipping down the yellow brick road through the Land of Oz to help in her search for the wonderful Wizard during this one-of-a-kind interactive experience," the website reads.
Journey with Dorothy
- Dates: June 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 26-28 & July 5, 2019
- Tickets: $27.50 + taxes & fees (Children 2 & Under Free)
Autumn at Oz Festival
- Weekend One: September 6-8, 2019
- Weekend Two: September 13-15, 2019
- Tickets Starting: $45 + taxes & fees (Children 2 & Under Free)
"For the first time ever - Extended Dates for 2019! Get more chances to visit Oz over two weekends this September!"
Click here for tickets and more information.
Copyright 2019 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.