JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Jacksonville’s Main Street Bridge will be closed Monday from 6:30 p.m. to Tuesday at 6 a.m. and will close nightly this week and be completely closed the next two weekends as crews reinstall an overhead temporary work platform that was removed from the bridge as a precaution in preparation for Hurricane Irma.
Once the platform is reinstalled, crews will continue to work on rehabilitation of the bridge.
Closures of the Main Street Bridge will follow the schedule below, as part of improvements to the mechanical, electrical and structural systems:
- Monday, September 18 from 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 19 from 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 20 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Thursday, September 21 from 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Friday, September 22 from 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, September 24
- Tuesday, September 26 from 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 27 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Thursday, September 28 from 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Friday, September 29 from 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, October 1
During closures, both vehicular and pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the Acosta Bridge. Signs will direct traffic through the detour. Boaters will not be impacted by the closures.
M & J Construction of Tarpon Springs was awarded the $10.7 million contract. The project is expected to be completed in fall 2017.
Copyright 2017 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.