$1.2M available for some St. Johns County residents for Matthew relief
ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. – St. Johns County has $1.2 million in requested Florida State Housing Initiative Partnership Program (SHIP) disaster funds for qualifying income-eligible St. Johns County residents who experienced damage to their homes as a result of Hurricane Matthew.
According to program guidelines, the assistance may help cover costs for the following eligible activities:
- Purchase of emergency supplies for weather-damaged homes.
- Tree and debris removal and interim repairs to avoid further damage in order to make a housing structure habitable.
- Construction of wells, or repairs to existing wells, where public water is not available.
- Payment of insurance deductibles for rehabilitation of homes covered under homeowners insurance policies.
- Security deposits or rental assistance for eligible recipients who have been displaced from their homes due to damage from the storm.
If you are interested in determining if you may qualify for SHIP disaster fund assistance, please contact the St. Johns Housing Partnership at 904-824-0902.
Copyright 2016 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.