Scattered thunderstorms move mainly inland

Tropical Storm Harvey, Invest 92

By Rebecca Barry - Meteorologist
Headline Goes Here
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
Slow moving downpours developed just after lunch today and dropped between one and two inches of rain in some locations. Minor, temporary flooding was in issue in some parts of Duval, Clay, Western St Johns, and Alachua counties. As we move through the later afternoon and evening hours, the storms will be more concentrated over inland counties. Later storms could fire up over inland Southeastern Georgia as well. 
 
After sunset the showers will fade, leaving us with a quiet, muggy, warm evening. Overnight temperatures will head down into the mid 70s. 
 
Saturday will start out sunny & humid. Expect building temperatures and clouds. Afternoon temperatures should top out at 93°. Afternoon storms will fire up, expect 40% chances for rain in our I-95 counties and 60% chances for storms near our I-75 counties. The showers should wrap up around sunset or shortly after. 
 
Sunday, expect another hot day with fewer storms. Afternoon highs will hit 92°. Expect 30% chances for afternoon and evening storms in our coastal counties and 50% chances for storms over our inland counties. 
 
Monday is eclipse day- we start out with partly cloudy skies and warming temperatures. There is only a 30% chance for a shower to pop up and ruin our eclipse fun, but if it happens it is most likely along our inland areas. The eclipse peaks for our area just after 2:45, but our eclipse special bringing you the best views from around the country runs from 1-4:00p.m. and you can always check out all of the photos and add your own on the eclipse section of StormPins. 
 
We are monitoring Tropical Storm Harvey- which is expected to move towards Nicaragua by the middle of next week. Invest 92-L is entering and area of wind that makes development difficult- resulting in its chances for development being downgraded to 60%. 
 

Hurricane buttonStorm Pins buttonWeather Authority app buttonDownload
The Weather Authority
suite of apps

Google Play button

 

SaveSave

Copyright 2017 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.