CS/CS/SB 528, substituted for CS/CS/HB 7025:
- Allows for better tracking of sex offenders/sexually violent predators by requiring them to provide expanded information to law enforcement, such as Internet usernames, tag numbers for all vehicles and passports
CS/CS/CS/SB 526, substituted for CS/HB 7027:
- Imposes a mandatory sentence of 50 years for those convicted of the rape or torture of children, seniors or individuals with a disability
- Expands the court’s ability to allow use of service and therapy animals to aid a child victim or witness in a sexually motivated crime
- Eliminates current statutory time limitation for bringing a criminal prosecution for lewd or lascivious offenses committed upon or in the presence of a child less than 16 years old
- Eliminates incentive gain-time eligibility for sexually violent offenses
- Mandate community supervision of sex offenders who do not receive the maximum prison sentence through split sentencing, tolls community supervision period of SVPs in civil commitment to preserve the period of supervision until release from detention or commitment.