CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -

A working smoke alarm saved a woman from being seriously hurt in a house fire in Clay County on Wednesday morning, according to Clay County Fire Rescue.

The fire broke out on Arthur Moore Drive near Waller Way, in the Lake Asbury area, just after 6 a.m.

Firefighters said when they arrived the fire was moving from the kitchen into the living room. They were able to get it under control in just a few minutes, but the home sustained extensive damage and is no longer livable.

Firefighters said without the working smoke alarm, the injuries and the damage could have been much worse.